Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Running Drills

As triathletes, many athletes concentrate highly on form by incorporating drills in their cycling and swimming workouts, but rarely incorporate drills in their running workouts.

Why is this? From our birth, we have grown up running - running around our house, running in our neighborhood, and just flat out running for fun. We were born with the instinct to run on our two feet which is different from swimming in the water and cycling on a bike that has 23cm wide tires.

Even though we were born with the instinct to run, there are still many drills that athletes can incorporate into their workouts to allow their run leg to become more efficient. There are cognitive drills, for example, counting your run cadence over the course of a minute to see if it is around the theoretical perfect number of 90 foot strikes per minute. There are technical drills, such as strides that incorporate fast turnover and a high knee.

Check this article out as it details some running drills to incorporate into your workouts. For more drills and any questions, feel free to email Jamie at coach@triyourbest.com.

2 comments:

Swimming Drills for Triathletes said...

Nice post. I will make sure to have some copy of this. I am sporty and I am researching some tips on how to improve my knowledge about sports. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I am not sure where you're getting your info, but great topic.
I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more.
Thanks for wonderful info I was looking for this information for my
mission.

my webpage - right wedding